Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Rocking Halloween - Grayslake Photographer and Writer

This is the second blog post for my Wed blog, make sure you check out the previous post - a beautiful family portrait session.

Halloween/Fall is my favorite time of year.
This years family themed costume is disco. I finally squeezed in time for pictures this weekend.  We had so much fun putting this idea together.



The cutest little Elvis ever!  





You will never guess who drags their feet the most about taking pictures for Halloween.... the handsome man that is posing up above!


As I was editing these images, I took a look back at our previous Halloween fun.  When I started this 6 years ago it was because I was a SAHM and I needed a creative outlet.   I also needed to feel like I controlled something in my life... even if it  was Halloween costumes.   I have fond memories of my childhood Halloweens because of my talented and creative mother.  Starting this was "natural" for lack of a better word.  But it has evolved into something else.  I no longer control the idea, we decide together.  Now, it's about showing family unity and having fun more than anything else.  We spend countless dinner conversations discussing, planning and remembering this.  The kiddos give most of the input and I make sure it is executed.  One year the kids may not want to do this anymore, I know that.  As for now, I will enjoy my groovy family.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment