Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Pink - Grayslake Family Photographer

I donated a session to a fundraiser at my child's preschool.  This awesome family had the winning bid. Although, I knew from the start that they wanted to do something a little different, I really didn't grasp the importance of it until recently.  You see, the courageous wife, mother, and grandma at the center of the image below was diagnosed with breast cancer in May 2014.  



This warrior had a double mastectomy in June. She is currently undergoing her second round of chemotherapy treatments for stage 2B cancer that has spread to the lymph nodes.     


This She-Ra is in the middle of her battle with breast cancer.   


Every year the Stanley Family does fun Christmas pictures with a different theme.  


Understandably, Grandma Warrior was hesitant to do Christmas pictures this year.  


 The family rallied together and thought of a special theme to show support for their loved She-Ra.


They proudly wear these t-shirts this year with loving support.   


"My mom is the strongest woman I know ... she has great faith and is able to be at peace in all circumstances," her daughter shared with me.    

I am honored to take part in this demonstration of family solidarity.  
Family is not an important thing.  It's everything.  

1 comment:

  1. Angel, this is so beautiful! Both the photos and your words. I am so touched...thank you!

    ReplyDelete