Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Heart Pose - Grayslake Photographer and Journalist

I attended classes #3 and #4 of my Yoga journey.  In between those two class the Yoga studio had a special mother & daughter Yoga.  It was a wonderful experience for the girls and I.  Lots of female bonding and girl power.  "I am STRONG.  I am SOFT.  I am POWERFUL."  They really enjoyed it and even said how relaxing it was when my husband asked.  I'm glad they felt relaxed. 

 
Slowly, I am beginning to feel more relaxed then on the first day.  Not totally relaxed.  I still have those moments where my whole body starts shaking uncontrollably during a pose.  But I am starting to feel a lot more comfortable with it.  Today I realized, Anna, the instructor for the Wed class is the owner.  When she brings blocks over to help me out with a pose and I am the only one she does this for; I can't... I won't feel defeated.  Let's face it, I need help.  I need help, why is it so hard to admit that?  But I am determined to get better. 



This is a two person heart pose.  We made it a three person. 
At the mother & daughter class there was another trio, the daughters were well into their teens maybe even twenties.  The mother of that group said, "my daughters still want to hang out with me."  I hope I will be able to say that, I thought.  Now is the time to work on that. 

"You can not breathe in the past.  You can not breathe in the future.  You only have breath in the present.  Notice your breath and breathe deeply."   

No comments:

Post a Comment