Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Intention - Grayslake Photographer and Journalist

"Let's start by thinking of an intention," Anne began the class today. 

What does she mean by an intention?

"Sometimes it helps to dedicate our efforts in the class to someone or something," she continues almost as if responding to my thoughts. 

I always dedicate everything to my family; my husband and kiddos.  That's probably the "right" answer.  But what if I dedicate it to myself?  No, that's being selfish.  Why is that selfish?  Not sure why, it just is.  It is not selfish.  My intention for this class is ME.  



One of my favorite moves in Yoga is the sun salutation.  Starting with my arms down and bringing them all the way up on top of my head while taking a deep breath.  Bringing my hands together, lowering them over my heart and exhaling as they make their destination.  With all this snow the Sun is blinding as the light reflects just about every where.  It's been a tough winter.  With every challenge comes an opportunity. An opportunity to seek the light within.    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment