Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Sign - Chicago Area Photojournalist

I believe there are signs all around us. These signs point us in the right direction and send us through detours when we are going the wrong way.

At times I wonder what I am doing with photography. I need a new camera, equipment, props etc. and all this is pretty pricey. I make mistakes; not the right f/stop, composure was off, lighting was wrong, over edited the image, and probably the worse... didn't get the shot at all.

Mostly this is my desperate attempt not to lose myself, in what can be, the quicksand of stay at home momdom. That's what keeps me blogging every week. Then something like this happens...

R's school is having their annual fundraiser. They asked parents if there was anything they could donate to the silent auction and raffle. I knew right away what I wanted to donate. I went out one day and took pictures of the attached church the school is run by. I printed 3 large images and framed them, including the one below. When I went to give my donation they were thrilled because this year is the 50th anniversary of the church. I had no idea.

Coincidence... NO.
Sign... YES.



No comments:

Post a Comment