Monday, April 30, 2012

A Miracle - Chicago Area Photojournalist

One day last week R was playing on the deck and saw this amazing site: one little blue egg inside a nest.  The next day when we checked there were two little blue eggs.  The following day there were three little blue eggs.  Now the nest in our tree right at the edge of our deck has four... we couldn't believe it... FOUR little blue eggs.  This is one busy mama Red Robin.  Does she know what she's getting herself into, I wonder?

Most of the day she sits on her nest guarding her babies and keeping them nice and toasty.  As any good mother would.

One sunny day as I was folding the mountain of laundry in the kitchen, out of the corner of my eye I saw her fly away with another bird.  That "other" bird I suspect is daddy bird.  I quickly grabbed my camera and a ladder to capture these images.



What a miracle these little eggs are.
    


Sometimes we can hear the mama Robin squawking very loudly, protecting her babies. My hubby said to the kids, "It sounds like our mama protecting her babies." The kids laughed. I replied, "Next time when you kids say your cold, like after taking a bath, I'm going to sit on you to keep you warm." We all laughed so hard.