Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I Can Do Anything - Chicago Area Photojournalist

...through Christ who strengthens me.

I started my Monday with this FB post: "I have probably over committed myself this week but I am going to put my best foot forward and take it all on with a smile.  I can do anything. :) Have a great week!"

I looked over my jam packed week which included; volunteering two days at school, two meetings, and no less than three photo sessions.  Three sessions is a record for me. :) One of the "sessions" is a big event.  I am so blessed!

This blog post was going to be a fall themed one.  I had the image already in my head, I just had to go out and take it.  That's when I realize... my camera isn't working... OH MY GOODNESS!  <---- this is the rated "G" version of my thoughts.  I couldn't believe it, the busiest week (thus far) of my photography career and my camera doesn't work!  I called Nikon and they verified that my camera was malfunctioning... well... thank you.  I called Wolf Camera and they inform me that they are going out of business so they can't help me with a repair.  But the nice lady gave me a name of a local shop that might be able to help.  I searched the business "Metro Camera Repair" and no website but I got a phone number.  This whole time I'm trying to stay as calm as possible.  I remember to pray.  I call the number and a man casually answers, "Hello".  I think I've got the wrong number but it's the right number.  Mr. Jacob Kim tells me that he is closing for the night but to bring it in tomorrow and he will fix it for me the same day.  It is Monday night and all I can do is have faith that it is all in God's hands.

My husband tells me to keep my volunteering commitment Tuesday morning and that he will take my camera to Glenview for me.  He had to tell me a few times before I said okay. 

My husband reports - best case scenario Mr. Kim can fix it today; once he figures out what's wrong with it.  Worse case, two to three weeks to repair it.

Mr. Kim worked tirelessly all day today until he found the problem and the solution.  I prayed most of the day but I also felt a sense of calm placing it in God's hands.  I picked up my camera just a few hours ago and it is as good as new.  Mr. Kim was my angel today.  I told him I would pray for him every day this week.  He is a very humble and sweet man; not to mention efficient and reasonably priced. :D

God wants me to succeed, I believe it now more then ever.  I will work that much harder.


Metro Camera Repair
Owner: Jacob Kim
847-729-6656
615 Milwaukee Ave Glenview, IL 60025             

1 comment:

  1. That is AWESOME, Angel! You will succeed! You are quite talented! Keep believing and everything will be just as it should be! Best wishes on a FANTASTIC week!- Maggie :)

    ReplyDelete