Friday, April 8, 2011

The Matriarch - Chicago Area Family Photographer

Since I posted my youngest subject last week, I found it fitting that this week I would post a few of my 87 year young G-Ma. She recently had a birthday. I should add that there is some debate to exactly how old she is. When I asked her she answered, "They tell me I'm 87, but who knows." I'm so glad that I took these of her; a true treasure that I will cherish forever.




I asked my G-Ma to smile for me. She has such a great sense of humor. She said, "I'm so old I've forgotten how to smile."





I think hands tell so much about a person. I love hand shots. These hands raised 9 children.







"Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul." - Samuel Ullman, American poet

My G-Ma is full of life and enthusiasm, so to answer her question her soul is about 25.

I love you G-Ma!




Thank you for checking out my blog. I've had hundreds of new viewers in the last few weeks: Bienvenidos! Welcome! I post a new blog every Sunday night, so check back weekly and take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment