Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Blooming Where I Am Planted - Chicago Area Photojournalist

Being a former military family, we have friends all across the country.  I have many awesome friends in Nashville that I met while working there.  They were my salvation while hubby was deployed in Iraq.  I have a handful of military, super-mama friends that I bonded with while we were in Alabama.  Then when we were in South Carolina I was in a moms group that not only kept me sane but showed me that dreams during motherhood don't have to stop.  I have such wonderful memories of SC because of the support network we created for each other, it was a beautiful time in my life.  Each time we moved it was increasingly difficult for me to leave and say good-bye.  I hated it.  I dreaded the whole process.  With each move it took me longer to go out and meet people because I knew what would inevitably happen.  Even though, each time I met people (mostly women but a few men) who inspired me, encouraged me and were a blessing upon my life.   To give of yourself just to leave it behind was too painful and difficult for me. 

We have lived in Lake County for almost 2 years now, with no move in the near future.  Some times I have trouble letting things go and not living in the past.  I need to live in the present and bloom where I am planted.  Motherhood can be very lonely but only if I make it so. 

I've been welcomed by a wonderful group of ladies.  They have opened their arms and asked me to join them.  What a wonderful feeling it is to belong.  This last weekend we kissed our babies goodbye, gave our husbands the sign of the cross and had some much needed down time.  We laughed, listened, compared stories and gave advice.  It was so much fun!

 

 
These ladies are an explosive blessing for me. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Proof I really was there.  Thanks E for taking this. :)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment