Thursday, May 7, 2015

How To Live Happily Ever After - Grayslake Photographer

My youngest, J asked me; "Mama do you want to live happily ever after?"
I thought about it for a minute and answered; "I already am."
J responds; "No, mama I'm going to tell you what you need to do to live happily ever after."
Me; "Okay, what do I need to do."
J while demonstrating with his hands, "You have to go like this."  Tapping each finger with his thumb.  "And say: 'I am wonderful'."
I did it with him.  Touching my thumb and index finger together "I". Touching my thumb and middle finger together "AM".  Touching my thumb and ring finger together "Wonder".  Touching my thumb and pinky finger together "ful".
"You should do that every day and you will live happily ever after," J assured me.

I've seen him touching his fingers together before but didn't know why until this exchange.  He was in a kids Yoga class this winter at the Yoga Effect. His wonderful instructor Nancy Nedland  taught him this mantra.  It has stuck with him, now it is etched into his heart.

Knowing how wonderful he truly is, looking inward, he will live happily ever after.  

Thank you Nancy, for this life lesson you have taught J.  I can't even describe the value that this holds for me as his mother and the value this lesson has for him as he carries it with him throughout the years.



I am wonderful. 
And so are you!

No comments:

Post a Comment