Thursday, May 14, 2015

No Photos - Grayslake Photographer and Writer

R had a dance recital over the weekend.  This was the first time she participated in dance, we normally allow one after school activity and R selected dance this school year.  She practiced once a week for 8 months.  The dance recital was the culmination of the year and highly anticipated.

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that there was to be no flash photography nor videography at the event.  This was the rule at her communion as well.  Although, at first I was disappointed at the thought that I wouldn't be able to capture every single moment.  I didn't have to worry about settings, my thoughts being elsewhere in camera land as opposed to present at the event.  Her dance lasted just a few minutes and I was there for every second of it.    Some times it's just better to put the camera down and be there.









"Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.  Make the Now the primary focus of your life." Eckhart Tolle

No comments:

Post a Comment