Saturday, March 12, 2011

Exciting News: Photo Showing @ Soaringbird Studios - Chicago Area Photographer

I have some exciting news to share. I've been invited by Julieta Alvarez manager of Soaringbird Studios (find it on FB) to do a photography showing with her. Julieta is a good friend from college, an artist, photographer, mother and the consummate organizer. She has developed a collective where artists work together to organize and promote events as well as sell artwork; right out of her own home. Her vision has grown and now she has established partnerships with multiple galleries throughout Chicago to display artists' work. One of these galleries includes, the Canale Art Lounge a unique art gallery located in the creative arts district in downtown Chicago. Julieta successfully completed her second collective showing there just this weekend.


I am honored that she has chosen me to partner with her and celebrate Women's History Month by doing a collective photo showing. The preview show will be Friday March 25th from 7:30-10:30 pm at Soaringbird Studios located on 3435 S Wood St in Chicago. The second installation will be at the Canale Art Lounge on May 13th. I am very excited, and I hope to see you there.


More Good News - today I shot my first official wedding. Check in next Sunday night to see the photo story of Mr. and Mrs. B's beautiful and intimate wedding.


In the meantime enjoy this capturing the moment image:



No comments:

Post a Comment