Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Wedding Story of Mr. and Mrs. B - Chicago Area Wedding Photography

Please take a look at last week's blog for details of a reception highlighting women artists that I will be a part of.



I just couldn't decide on a few images to post for this week's blog. I was thinking since this was an intimate wedding only the bride and groom's immediate family members and a hand full of close friends were in attendance, I decided to tell as much of this wedding story as I could. Those that were not present could witness this beautiful union of husband and wife.








She was the calmest bride ever. I thought it was because of the less then 30 guests that were going to attend, but as we talked she said I'm not nervous because marrying R just feels right.

The best moment of the day happened very early, I was glad that I arrived extra early and was there to capture it.

There was a knock at the door...










The pretty flower girl; the bride's daughter S.








The beautiful maid of honor; the bride's daughter V.







The girls had big roles, so they were preparing all morning. They did an excellent job!



Profile shot of the bride as she looked at her daughters.











Over at the groom's room... he was very nervous (it was so sweet).








In both rooms cartoons were playing on the TV for the kids.




Profile shot of the groom as he looked down at his lil' niece playing at his feet.











The ceremony and reception took place at Gibsons Steakhouse.





Rev Phil Landers officiated the ceremony. He is a renowned minister of weddings, and I had first hand experience as to why.





A note about the editing of the ceremony pics. I wanted to stay true to the romantic dim lit atmosphere.


The processional music.





The bride could not keep her eyes away from her husband to be as she walked down the isle.




The look on his face says, "WOW, you are the most beautiful woman in the world, and I am the luckiest man."







The groom's sister was filled with emotion as she read: "These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and full of love for you, that are holding yours on your wedding day, as we promise to love each other today, tomorrow, and forever ... And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled and aged, will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch." - The Blessing of the Hands, author Unknown




The vows "...Because of you, I laugh, I smile, I dare to dream again. I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you, caring, loving and being there for you in all life has for us..."






During the ceremony the Bride and Groom gave the girls charm bracelets with the date engraved to symbolize that they are one family. Afterwards the girls proudly displayed them for me. V said, "I had no idea what was in the box. I thought it was the wedding rings. Isn't it (bracelet) cool?".


Now that is a kiss...


The perfect recessional music.








The bride and groom's parents have a combined 78 years of marriage.



















Mr. and Mrs. B, thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to capture your wedding day. When we first met, Mrs. B you said to me that you felt an immediate connection with me via my blog. I felt the same when I met the two of you. Beyond the sense of accomplishment in shooting my first wedding I hope that I now have new life long friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment