Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Graduation - Chicago Area Photographer and Writer

I snapped this one as my niece was walking.. more like floating off of the stage.  Just pure joy!

The graduate pictured below gave such a great speech.  He rhymed, rapped, had props, audience participation and even ate a pudding cup while he was speaking.  Beyond his non traditional, creative presentation what I loved the most is what he said.  He conveyed the message that this is not the end. There are so many things ahead but this is not the beginning either. That started a long time ago.  This is a special moment in time. He went on to point out other special moments throughout their high school days.  Every moment in its own way a celebration of their time in high school.    









My niece says she is going to make a difference in the world.  What she doesn't realize is that she already has made a difference.  She gave me my first experience with children.  She was a baby growing up under the same roof as I was a high schooler.  She was/is the first child I loved and set the stage for what love would be like for my own children.  My children look up to her and have now witnessed her graduate.  She has planted seeds in all of our hearts just by being.




"A" will be attending Columbia University in New York.  She is being propelled into the next stage of her life and we will be here cheering her on, watching her soar.

No comments:

Post a Comment