Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Being vs Doing - Grayslake Writer and Photographer


Last week I was doing.  I was so busy doing... taking the kids to varies summer activities, working my part time job from home (did you know I work at a call center from home?), the household cleaning/laundry, cooking, and grocery shopping- to name just a few.  When things get busy and I am on my own keeping up with everything (hubby's busy season at work is summertime) the first thing that gets cut from my "to do" list are things that I do for my well being.  I don't go to Yoga, I don't run (well I don't really do that for myself, I do that for my waist line), and I don't meditate.  I'm too busy doing and not being.

The universe/God gave me a few whispers that I was on the wrong path. One was when I couldn't remember if I turned the stove off.  I was too busy doing to remember.  Far from home and that panic feeling strikes me like lightening.  Thankfully, an awesome friend stopped by and checked for me... all was well.



By the end of the week I had also done these things: made myself miserable, picked fights with my husband, and yelled way too much.

I knew Yoga would help, so the next day my hubby had  off I went.  I thought if I just did something for myself that it would fix my crazy week.  Instantly, I felt like a new woman afterwards.  Why? Was it because I did something for me?  Was it because of those awesome endorphins? Was I being at Yoga?

Then I realized it's not a battle between being and doing.  It's about merging the two.
  
It was because, during Yoga doing and being came together and I moved myself forward.

How can I translate that feeling of being while doing that I feel at Yoga into my day to day life?    




          

1 comment: