Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Holiday Priorities - Grayslake Photographer and Writer


Everyone has different priorities when it comes to the holidays.  They can change from year to year.  This year early in December I sat down to make a mental note of what my priorities were.  What did I want to focus on this special time of year?  There is so much to choose from: family time, presents, Santa, Jesus' birthday, elf on the shelf, Christmas cards, and decorating the house - just to name a few.  This year my time was a little bit more limited than other years.  Busy photography season was especially wonderful to me and had me hard at work.  Setting priorities allowed me to focus on what is the most important to me.



Every year Christmas cards are high on the priority list, for obvious reasons - photography.  This year it was not at the top of the list.  I had told the kids early on that I didn't want to focus on presents - no Christmas present lists this year. So I knew I had to set the example with priorities.  Our card this year is actually a picture we took before we went to see the play,  "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" at the Chicago Theater downtown.  Although it looks like a set up for a Christmas card it really wasn't.  This is one of two shots we took before we excitedly hit the road for our first real live musical play. What we have here is real excitement and joy - that's what makes this image perfect.     



With excitement and joy for life's wonderful journey this Holiday Season we send our love.

No comments:

Post a Comment