Tuesday, November 13, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude Cont... Chicago Area Photojournalist

There is so much to be grateful for!

Day7

I am grateful for friends here and across the country.  Women from very different backgrounds, with different accents, political views and goals.  I am grateful to be inspired by them every day.  Thank you for dinner Sandra. :)

Day 8

Thankful for my partner.  I am grateful that God brought us together.  I can't imagine my life without him.  I am also grateful for his sense of humor.

Day 9

I am grateful for the sun.  I was pulling out J's winter clothes (something I've been avoiding) and the sun's rays poked right through the curtain on to my hand.  I felt like that ray was just for me. 

Day 10

I am grateful for my faith.  My faith has evolved throughout the years and I've never felt closer to God as I do now.  One of the reasons I am most thankful for my faith is because I know God is always with me.  "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope."


Day 11

 Today I give thanks for our veterans and their families.  When my husband was stationed in Iraq, I asked him to take pictures of everything.  He did and he put a caption on the back of almost every image - I put an album together.  I never showed the kids the album before and this morning we looked at them together reading the captions.  They loved this page because it had a pic of how daddy celebrated Halloween in Iraq.  I sent him a box of Halloween items and they put them on for the pic.  We talked about all the veterans we know, we prayed for them and their families. 

Day 12

I am grateful for one-on-one time with R.  We read books, laughed and cuddled. 


Day 13
 

Today I am grateful to be able to volunteer in the Kindergarten classroom.  I really enjoy being in the classroom with all of the children and giving the teacher a hand.  It fills me with so much joy.  It also makes me very grateful for all teachers. 

What were you grateful for this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment