Tuesday, November 6, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude - Chicago Area Photojournalist

November is the month to be grateful.  I have joined many of my FB friends in posting something I am thankful for every day.  I encourage you to share with your family and friends what you are thankful for every day this month. 

"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures." Thorton Wilder

Here is the start of my 30 days of gratitude. 
Each image was taken the day of except for day #1.

Day #1



I am thankful for my mom.  She has shown me through example what being a wonderful mother means.  I am grateful for the sacrifices she has made for us.  Happy Birthday mama, I love you!

 
Day #2

Today I am grateful for where I came from; the South Side of Chicago.  Not the most wealthy and glamorous of places but rich in diversity, community, culture and faith.  I am proud of where I came from and grateful. 

 
Day #3

I am thankful for my in laws they raised the man that I love and are wonderful grandparents. They feed my kids all the stuff I don't and let them play video games all day.  ;)

Day #4  
 
 
Today I am thankful for time alone with my love.  It is very unusual that we have time alone together like this.  I am SO grateful when we do.  This angle is wide to show we are alone and we got to sit next to each other!!!!!! 
 
 
Day #5
 
 
 
I am grateful for the laundry.  I am grateful because I am physically able to do it.  I am grateful that we have the means to clean and dry our things.  I am grateful that we have clothes, towels, sheets, blankets, etc. to clean.  I complain about it more than I should.   
 
 
Day #6
 
 
I am grateful and proud to be an American.  I am thankful for our military and their families who sacrifice so much.  Exercising my right to vote this morning, now that is a wonderful thing.    
 
What are you thankful for? 







No comments:

Post a Comment