Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Mustard Seed - Chicago Area Photographer

 
 
This special, beautiful little girl lives.... well actually lived in our neighborhood.  She would often come by and come over to play with my kiddos.  One day last week she sadly told us that she would be moving far away. 
 
During one of her many visits she explained to me that she had a lot of stuff going on at home but that it was private and she was instructed that she couldn't share private stuff with anyone.  I told her that I totally understood that but if she ever needed anyone to talk to I would be here for her.
 
I knew that there was nothing that I could do about her moving away and wondered if I did enough to extended a welcoming home to her. 
What I did do was what has been done for me....
Right before she left I looked deep into her eyes and I spoke words of love, hope and faith to her ears, mind and heart.  I told her how special she is and how God is watching over her where ever she goes.  Among other things, I told her that I loved her.  When I was finished she told me that she would always pretend that we were related and she was part of our family.  She said, "after all we have the same hair color and eye color so maybe we were family..."  I gave her a hug and so did all of my kiddos and I watched her walk home, she moved away the following day. 

 

Although I felt that I couldn't physically change the path of her life.  I felt like I could plant seeds of love in her heart that will stay with her and grow. 

About a year ago someone planted seeds in my heart.  A stranger... someone I met while I was photographing an event.  Those seeds were part of the growth of something new in my life, a big change.  He sends me his "winning words" on a daily basis but he goes even further and sends me a personal email every once in a while "checking" in on me making sure the seeds he has planted continue to grow. 


I did get her new address and I have sent her the picture above passing along the love and hope that has been expressed to me.  Pastor Freed, I am passing your love and hope forward... thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment