Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Secret of Life - Grayslake Photographer and Writer

"The secret of life is to 'die before you die' - and find that there is no death." Eckhart Tolle

Some times I read or hear things that echo in my mind for days and weeks.  This is one of them. 

We identify ourselves with external things.  He provided an extensive list of identifiers.  These are the ones that hit home for me: the work you do, physical appearance, relationships, family/personal history, money, belief system, religion, and race.  I would also add gender.

"None of this is you."   




I saw my profile in the clouds the other day looking back at me.  My long neck, a little bit of a smile, a tiny nose and one eye in this white cloud below.


I am discovering my "secret to life".  We all have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment