Wednesday, February 4, 2015

January - Grayslake Photographer and Writer

The word January comes from the Latin word for door, January is the door to the year.  My break from blogging has brought many things this past month.  First it brought anxiety about not blogging... ha... I've blogged for several years every week and I started to identify myself with this weekly ritual.  The anxiety came and went with the long list of things I wanted to accomplish this month.  I didn't get to everything but I did get to a few of them.  I've started writing every week.  I write about different things; what happened in my day, an interaction I had, random thoughts, and I've even written a poem about my sock... lol! I haven't decided if or how I will share them.  I also participated in the 40 bag challenge, I do plan on sharing my experience with this next week.  Things have shifted in my schedule. My family life has also required some adjusting as my husband is furthering his professional career and I plan to fully support him.  I am excited to share a wonderful 2015 the door is open to new beginnings.

So many things I want to share about my new beginning (January), I'll start with our fun annual girls retreat.


Retreat might not be the best word.  Retreat - definition: withdraw from enemy forces as a result of their superior power.  On second thought it might be the perfect word ;)


The Ward family offered their beautiful lake house to us.  This is a spectacular space!  It even has an elevator that opens up right to the house kind of like in the 80's show Diff'rent Strokes.


 I've mentioned this before but it's worth stating again.  Although, we come from different backgrounds, have different convictions and are currently in different stages.  We've managed to build upon our commonalities as mothers, wives, women and people.


In reality our differences are just at the surface.  When we take time to really look at each other,      we all find oneness.  


All trying our best to live this wonderful life.  


Supporting each other through challenging times, celebrating accomplishments/ new life, and just laughing together.


"The greatest gift of life is friendship and I have received it." H. Humphrey. 

  
Note: I will be moving my weekly blog to Thursday's.  See ya next Thursday my friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment